- To enable students to learn fundamentals of hydraulic engineering, particularly related to open channel flow, flow through pipes, dam and river engineering.
- To enhance the capabilities of students related to irrigation engineering and canal network.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to follow and perform the experiments related to hydraulic engineering.
CLO: 2. to demonstrate the experimental procedures under various conditions of open channel and close conduits.
CLO: 3. to review results of hydraulic quantities using experimental data.
CLO: 4. to justify and compare various methods used to measure hydraulic components and their obtained results.
- To measure the head loss due to friction, sudden enlargement, sudden contraction, and bends etc.
- Determination of laminar, turbulent and transition flow by using Reynold’s visualization apparatus.
- Determination of coefficients of velocity, discharge, and contraction for an orifice.
- Determination of coefficient of discharge for a V and rectangular notch.
- Analysis of river flow, seepage flow, rainfall and sedimentation by Basic Hydrology Apparatus.
- Measurement of flow velocity at different depths by using computer-controlled channel.
- Computer aided design of irrigation channels.
- To compute Froud No. (Critical, super and sub critical) from a flow in Tilting-Flow-Channel.
- Determination of water table by using Electric Resistivity Survey.