The department offers a thought-provoking, multidisciplinary atmosphere for advanced studies and research through its state-of-the-art lab facilities, including fully equipped wet lab, tissue culture lab, green house, and computer labs.Department follows an interdisciplinary approach that executes cutting edge research in a wide range of areas including computational biology, systems biology, medical informatics, agri-informatics, computer aided drug designing, cancer cytogenetics, human genetics, molecular phylogeny and chemo-informatics.
- MS degree in relevant discipline. Relevancy shall be established by the Graduate Admission Committee.
- Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System)
- Admission Test / HEC approved Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Thesis Foreign Evaluation
- Local Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Course Work||2 Semesters||3 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||3 Semesters||5 Semesters|
|Synopsis Qualification||4 Semesters||6 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||6 Semesters||10 Semesters|