MS Software Engineering
The curriculum of MS Software Engineering caters to the needs of professionals interested in uplifting their knowledge-base and practical skills.
Besides, you will get first-hand exposure to the breadth of scholarship work in software engineering. Also, our highly-experienced faculty will teach you how to review published work to support your research.
Apart from research activities, you will learn all software development, applied programming, software quality assurance, project management, network security, and information security management at an advanced level.
Here at Jinnah University, we offer specializations in the fields of
- Project Management
- Information Systems
A post-graduate degree in software engineering from Jinnah University will unlock the following career choices for you:
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Network Architects
- Software Development Engineer
- Software Developers
- Information Security Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Web Developers
- A minimum of 16 years of education leading to a BS in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering or equivalent. Applicants with an undergraduate degree from non-relevant areas may be required to take some undergraduate courses to fulfill pre-requisite deficiencies as determined by the Graduate Admission Committee. The deficiency Cr. Hrs. will not be counted towards the minimum Cr. Hrs. requirement for the award of the MS degree.
- Minimum 2.00/4.00 CGPA or 50% marks.
- Admission Test / HEC Approved Test.
“My experience at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University has enabled me to become a qualified innovation technologist. You meet people from all backgrounds here and learn from the diverse and rich learning environment.”
MS Software Engineering, Head of Innovation and Technology at Falcon-i
A student admitted in this program will have to complete the degree requirements by following any one of the options given below:
|24 Cr. Hrs. Course Work and 06 Cr. Hrs. Thesis||30|
|27 Cr. Hrs. Course Work and 03 Cr. Hrs. Project||30|
|Course work only (10 Courses)||30|
|Advanced Topics in Requirement Engineering||3|
|Advanced Topics in Software Architecture||3|
|Advanced Research Methods||3|
|Advanced Topics in Software Quality Assurance||3|
|Agile Software Project Management||3|
|Business Process Re-Engineering||3|
|Software Risk Management||3|
|Software Test Automation||3|
This is normally a two years program
comprising of 4 semesters.
A student is required to earn a
minimum 250/4.00 CGPA on the
completion of his degree